Jadana Aasam Rd, Jain Mohalla, Sarwar-305403 , Ajmer , RAJASTHAN, (india)
About Sarwar & Temple :
In ancient times Sarwar was the centre of Jains according to history (Dr. Kasturchand Kasliwal).About 2000 years old, this city was the capital of Gour Kings. At that time this was very prosperous and famous city. Here is an inscription of V.S. 1125 related the reconstruction of the temple which is about 900 Years old principal deity Lord Rishabhnatha.
It is supposed that the idol principal deity Lord Adinath was brought from the Chittorgarh Fort.
· In year 1197 A.D. ,Mohammad Gaury, Qutubuddeen Ebak came here with a huge force to destroy this temple. As he entered the first ground of temple, dense flock of honey bees attacked fiercely on the invaders. The invaders were freed from this trouble only after bowing their heads against the principal deity.
· An idol of Qutubuddeen Ebak is still standing here with folded hands and bowing his head. It’s a proof of this miraculous event.
· On July 7, 1990, 42 idols (2000 yrs old) were found from of this temple. All are made of Black Stone.
Main Temple & Idol : Main temple is vast in size and consists Digambar, Shwetambar and Hindu temples in different parts of it.
Main deity of Digambar temple is Lord Adinath’s idol. It is very beautiful & attractive made of white stone in cross legged seating posture.
Another temples in the town :
1. Shri Suparshvanath Temple
2. Shri Chandraprabhu Digambar Jain Temple.
Annual Gatherings :
1. Festival organized on the birthday of Lord Adinath – Chaitra Krishna 9 every year
2. Birthday of Lord Mahaveer – Chaitra Shukla 13 every year.
Dharmshala : Shri Adinath Bhawan with 9 Rooms.
How to Reach :
· Busses & Taxies are available from Ajmer & Kota.
· Train – Ajmer 60 km
· Airport – Jaipur 130 km
Nearby Places & temples :
· Ajmer - 60 km
· Kekari - 17 km
· Nasirabad - 40 km
· Jaipur - 130 km
· Shri Shantinath Dig. Jain Atishaya Kshetra Baghera, District – Ajmer,
· Shri Gyanodaya Teerth Kshetra Nareli, District – Ajmer